With Facebook’s recent announcements regarding the changes it will be making for the mobile platform – for example, making the Timeline format available for brands over mobile – marketers are looking into new ways to get the most out of mobile social media by connecting with consumers.
There are two primary strategies that are currently being tossed around, which are:
• Reaching the mobile audience through Facebook, itself
• Using micro sites to boost the social media marketing as a whole
In the first effort, there are three main steps that are being taken to build the marketing plan at Facebook to reach greater heights with the audience there:
1. Perform mobile optimization for all Facebook content to ensure complete functionality.
2. Integrate the use of sponsored stories into marketing, which will finally offer a way for your brand to advertise on Facebook Mobile, where it has not been previously possible.
3. Make sure that your Facebook Mobile efforts are designed to drive your offline campaigns, as well. This will allow them to work together for superior results.
The second strategy involves creating micro sites for improving social media marketing results overall, at Facebook, but also with Twitter, LinkedIn, and other sites. Here are the three primary steps to ensuring that a micro site will generate better outcomes from your mobile social media marketing:
1. Create a mini website (micro site) that supports the main website of your brand and that will support featured products or services.
2. Create links on your micro site to the various different social media sites so that users will be more encouraged to check back frequently.
3. Perform regular promotions of your micro site.