The importance of online marketing is becoming so important that business aren’t asking whether or not they should be developing apps as much as they are trying to find out what they should do to ensure that they apps they have decided to develop will be as effective as possible.
As the development of a mobile app can be quite an expense, there are several things that a business should know before diving in head first, to make certain that it will bring about downloads and repeat engagements.
Mobile marketers are recommending that businesses ask certain questions before they get started. These questions include the following:
• Which is more appropriate for the business, a mobile app or a mobile website?
• Is the app designed in a way that it will reach the maximum possible number of people?
• Does the business have the time and personnel necessary to build and maintain a mobile app?
• Does enough of the primary market for the business use mobile phones that are capable of using an app, and will the app be developed to be compatible with the mobile operating system that is most common among those smartphone users?
Next, it is important to choose the right type of app to appeal to the business’s target market. According to co-founder of the mobile experience and design agency, Plastic Mobile, Melody Adhami, the most successful apps are those within the following categories:
• Transactional – where the app can be used to make a direct purchase
• Utility – where the app simplifies a more challenging task
• Content – where the app provides information such as news, weather, sports scores, etc.
• Entertainment – where the app provides something for sheer enjoyment, primarily gaming.
Nicknamed “the mobile evangelist,” Chuck Martin, the author of “The Third Screen: Marketing to Your Customers in a World Gone Mobile,” explained that in order to have a successful app, it must provide customers with at least one of these three primary benefits:
Filed under: Featured News, Mobile Commerce, Mobile Marketing · Tags: business owner tips for mobile marketing, design app, develope app, how to apps, how to design app, how to mobile market, learn about mobile marketing, marketing ideas, mobile app, mobile apps, mobile marketing campaign, mobile marketing information, mobile marketing tips, mobile phone apps, mobile website, online marketing, small business marketing, why mobile marketing