It shouldn’t be a big surprise that you can use your smartphone to stay fit and healthy. Numerous apps are out there to keep you eating right and getting enough rest and exercise. Smartphones are now the avenue to healthy living, so see how these top apps can help you lead a fitter life.
Research says that you should get at least eight hours of sleep per night. If you’re having trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, your smartphone comes to the rescue.
- Sleep Bug: Offers soothing and relaxing sleep sounds to help you fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Pzizz: Uses music and soothing beats to help you fall asleep and stay in a deep enough sleep to feel fully rested when you wake up
- Deep Sleep with Andrew Jackson: Uses neurolinguistic programming, soothing beats and guided meditation to aid in better sleep habits
- Sleep Cycle: The app measures your movement during your sleep and includes an alarm that wakes you during your lightest sleep cycle
Whether you need to lose weight or are simply trying to maintain a healthy weight, smartphone apps can help. When you eat out, it can be difficult to track your caloric intake and control the healthiness of what you are eating.
- The Restaurant Nutrition: Allows you to search by restaurant and menu item to get the details on the nutritional value of what you are about to consume
- Lose It!: Helps you to record your caloric intake in a journal to input what you’re eating and how many calories you’re consuming. This helps you to track what you’re consuming and identify ways to cut back the number of calories you are eating on a daily basis to help you lose or maintain weight.
Getting enough exercise and the right exercise for your body and your fitness goals is another key to leading a healthy lifestyle.
- Nexercise: Turns your fitness and exercise into a competition, where you are competing with yourself. Each time you complete an exercise routine or partake in a fitness activity, you can log it on the app. Each act earns you rewards, such as discounts, free merchandise and medals for your accomplishments.
- The Nike Training Club: Brings a personal trainer and 85 different routines to your smartphone. Your personal trainer will walk you through the chosen exercise routine, so you feel like you have support in getting the exercise you need to meet your health goals.
Smartphones are not just about sim cards, voice calls and text messages anymore. Your smartphone puts some of the top apps and information sources in the palm of your head. You can use any one of these numerous apps to help you lead a healthier and fit life.
Writer Bio: Shaun Chatman is a freelance writer by night and a gym trainer in the day. Happily married and a father of two gregarious kids, Shaun lives in Dunedin, FL, and spends his free time playing with his kids or watching or playing sports
Filed under: Featured News, Mobile Commerce, Trends · Tags: best apps, calorie counting app, exersize apps, health apps, healthy mobile apps, Lose It, lose weight apps, mobile app review, mobile phone apps, Nexercise, Nike Training Club, Restaurant Nutrition apps, smartphone apps