QR Code Press » Featured News, Mobile Commerce, Mobile Marketing, Mobile Payments, Social Media Marketing, Trends, United States » Hy-Vee mobile app allows grocery consumers to go use their devices to shop
January 24th, 2012 | Add a Comment
Midwestern supermarket chain, Hy-Vee, is now offering its supermarket shoppers a mobile app that is designed to help to make the shopping experience more social, easier, and faster.
This app, designed for smartphones, provides a number of different interactive features that can assist shoppers in creating lists, planning and preparing meals, and obtaining access to information from the store as well as its pharmacy, and more.
Among the apps features are the following:
• Find products – the app is customized by store location, and provides a product locator that is voice activated, so that customers can receive guidance directly to the aisle and the shelf where they can find the products they want.
• Browsing of weekly ads, creation of shopping lists, and searchable recipes – customers can create their lists while they’re on the go, and can browse through the ads for the week or recipes that can help with their meal planning. Any of the items from the ads and recipes can then be transferred to their shopping lists.
• Shop – many services, such as bakery, floral, and catering, can all be ordered and purchased using the app.
• Social Media interaction with Hy-Vee – the various social media channels for Hy-Vee can be easily accessed through the app, and users can post on Twitter to report any items that are out-of-stock.
According to the Hy-Vee assistant vice president of media relations, Ruth Comer, said that the company decided to take their place with social media and simply the shopping process for consumers by making it easier for them to prepare to shop and to navigate the locations “by developing an app that helps you find the foods you’re looking for faster, and even tweet about what’s missing on our shelves.”
- Big Y uses mobile shopping app to provide a better consumer experience
- Tweeters can shop using Payvment mobile solution
- Mobile commerce grows among social media companies
- Android app uses NFC to boost participation in cultural exhibits
- Jennings Social Media Marketing launches new QR code and SMS service
- Social media marketing at Twitter tests “buy” button
Written by Julie Campbell
About Julie Campbell: Though her true passion is for writing her own fiction novel and holding fundraisers in support of the fight against cancer (as well as donating her hair to that cause in 2011), Julie has created both a name for herself and a successful business in the writing industry. For more than ten years, she has focused her career on capturing the latest technology news, which now includes a particular interest in QR codes and wearable technology.
Filed under: Featured News, Mobile Commerce, Mobile Marketing, Mobile Payments, Social Media Marketing, Trends, United States · Tags: buy food on mobile app, buy groceries on mobile app, buy prescriptions, creat shopping list on app, free mobile app, grocery store mobile apps, Hy-Vee, Hy-Vee mobile shopping app, meal planning app, meal planning on mobile app, mobile shopping, mobile shopping app, pharmacy service, planning meals on app, recipes mobile app, run sales on mobile app, social media app, social media marketing, supermarket mobile app, twitter